CENTRE FOR PRE-DEGREE AND DIPLOMA STUDIES
ADMISSION INTO PRE-DEGREE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into one year and two years Pre-Degree and Diploma programmes respectively of Kogi State University, Anyigba, for 2018/2019 Academic Session
PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME ON OFFER
Two types of Pre-Degree programmes are available.
PRE-DEGREE I: - This is an intensive one year programme designed to prepare candidates with their complete ‘O’ level requirements for entry into 100 Level of some selected degree programmes in the university. The University will endeavour to admit candidates who successfully complete the Pre-Degree Programme into 100 level in the University within reasonable limits in accordance with the law, guided by the University’s admission process. Candidates are also required to take the JAMB examination, i.e. University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and score the minimum JAMB requirements for the year.
PRE-DEGREE II: This is a two year programme designed for candidates with O’level deficiencies. After the two years programme, candidates who have obtained their five credits and have performed satisfactorily will be admitted into 100 level in the University within reasonable limits in accordance with the law guiding the University’s admission process. Candidates are also required to take the JAMB examination i.e. University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and score the minimum JAMB requirements for the year.
- A.: FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Nutrition
- B.: FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
- English and Literary Studies
- History and International Studies
- Theatre Arts
- C.: FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Public Administration
- D.: FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
- Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology)
- Mathematical Sciences (Pure Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics)
- E.: FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
PRE-DEGREE I: Candidates should possess credits in at least five relevant subjects in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB at not more than two sittings. The subjects should include English Language. A credit in mathematics is also compulsory for all science and some social science based courses. Specific Departmental Requirements must also be met.
PRE-DEGREE II: Candidates should possess credits in at least two relevant subjects in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB at not more than one sitting.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Registration for the screening Exercise will commence from Monday October 29th 2018 and close on 30th November 2018.
Details of registration procedure are as follows:
- Visit http://www.kogistateuniversity.edu.ng/cpds
- Login to your profile if already registered, or create a profile using the registration.
- Upon successful login, you will be required to make Payment of N5,500 (Five thousand five hundred naira) only being the Pre-Degree and Diploma Application Fee
- Complete the required form as applicable and proceed to the payment confirmation page
- On the payment confirmation page is your transaction details including transaction reference, amount to pay for Pre-Degree and Diploma Application.
- Click on the “Remita proceed button” for redirection to Remita, where you can pay using any of the available channels including debit or credit cards, internet banking, mobile wallet, bank branch, remita website etc.
- After successful online payment, the user is redirected back to the portal and can proceed with the service.
- If an alternative channel was used (bank branch, internet banking), you are required to log back into the portal and proceed to obtain service.
- If you are unable to access the required service, log complain with the school admin, who would verify the payment on the admin dashboard for that particular transaction. Complains will only be entertained via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the response is successful, navigate back to print registration Slip.
The candidates are expected to provide the following vital information on the portal
- First name and other names as appeared on their O’Level Results
- State of origin
- Local Government Area
- Course of Study
- Passport Upload (Red background)
- Phone Number
- Candidates are expected to print out a copy of the Examination Slip/Registration Form containing the following: Name, Passport, Course Apply For, Department/Faculty, Date of the Examination and KSU Registration Number.
SCREENING FOR PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Admission of candidates for the various courses shall be based on computer based test in their subject combinations similar to UTME. The Test shall be conducted at the Kogi State University, Anyigba between Monday 03rd December, 2018 and 07th December, 2018 at 9.00am prompt each day. Diploma candidates are excluded from the Computer Based General Test.
All Diploma programmes shall span through two academic sessions of two semesters each. At the end of the Diploma programme, successful candidates with required credits in relevant subjects and required grades (Upper Credit) may be admitted into 200 level in the various courses of the University, provided the candidates satisfy the JAMB Direct Entry and other admission requirements.
AVAILABLE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- A.: FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Diploma in Food Science and Technology
- Diploma in Home Science and Hotel Management
- B.: FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
- Diploma in Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Diploma in History and International Studies
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Diploma in Theatre Arts and Film Production
- C.: FACULTY OF LAW
- Diploma in law
- D.: FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Diploma in Accounting,
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Public Administration
- E.: FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES
- Diploma in Computer Science
- F.: FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Justice Administration
- Diploma in Mass Communication
- Diploma in Population Health
- Diploma in Environmental Studies
Candidates seeking admission into Diploma programmes must possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings in SSC/NECO/WAEC/NABTEB. Candidates, in addition to general requirements, must satisfy departmental admission requirements. The five credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics for courses in Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Management Sciences and some in Social Sciences.
Dr. Y.I. Abubakar